Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

One of my many new year's resolutions is to update my blog at least once a week! I was doing so well in the beginning and I have been slacking off for quite some time.

Waverly had a wonderful 2nd Christmas and New Year! It sounds so odd to say 2nd anything! ha ha! Our sweet, little baby is now 17 months old going on 17 years old. Waverly is talking up a storm and literally running all over the place!



Waverly received so many wonderful gifts for Christmas. Here are a few pictures...








I am so glad that we went home a few days before Christmas. On Christmas morning, my maternal grandmother, Evelyn Spruill Malieswski "Baggy", passed away in her sleep. We are all still in shock and can't believe she is gone. Baggy was doing so well and was in great spirits the days before Christmas. Waverly would visit her nightly, crawl in her bed, eat peanut butter cookies, and have girl talk. Baggy was so excited to have her Waverly with her! Even though, I miss her terribly and think about her all day, I am relieved that she did not suffer or was in any pain. She was such a beautiful person and I will miss her more than words can describe. My grandad, "Papa", worshipped the ground Baggy walked on. During 61 years of marriage he loved her just as much as the day they were married. When Papa spoke at the service, I thought to myself that I hope Stuart & I are still in love like that when we are in our 80s.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I hope you keep your resolution because I love reading your blogs! :)